Q145 Four-Shaft Shredder
SSI’s Quad® Q145 is a low-speed, high-torque, four-shaft, rotary shear industrial shredder designed to process a variety of tough materials and produce a small, consistent particle size.
Quad® Q145 shredders are known as multi-purpose shredders because they are designed to work like a two shaft shredder when the internal screen is removed, or as a sizing shredder that's able to shred, liberate and reduce a wide range of commingled materials without overly thick metals, in one pass. Four shafts in the Quad® Q145 shred and recirculate material within the machine until it is sized small enough to pass through a removable screen set immediately below the cutters.
|Cutting Chamber (WxL)*||2,284 x 1,905 mm (90 x 75 in)||2,284 x 1,905 mm (90 x 75 in))|
|Machine Length (C)*||5,169 mm (192 in)||5,715 mm (225 in)|
|Machine Width (D)||2,515 mm(99 in)||4,781 mm(188 in)|
|Machine Height (E)||4,013 mm (158 in)||6.873 mm(271 in)|
|Stand Height (I)||1.8 m(72 in)||2.1 m(84 in)|
The Quad® Advantage
- High-torque shearing technology efficiently processes tough materials
- Simple heavy duty construction
- Shock protection
- Bulk feed capability
- Energy efficient operation
- Low noise, dust, heat generation and maintenance costs
- Uniform particle size
- Minimum footprint and foundation requirements
- Electric, hydraulic and SmartDrive™ drive configurations
- Removable Screens
- Patented “Severe Shock Protection” (SSP)
- Self-Cleaning Design
- Application-specific feed hoppers and cutter configurations
- Seal & bearing protection
- Patented “Advanced Cutter Locking System” (ACLS)
|Number of Motors||Two||Two (HPU)|
|Power Range||373 kW(500 hp)||373 kW(500 hp)|
|Voltage Options||Many - Consult Factory||Many - Consult Factory|
|Shock Load Protection||Yes (SSP™)||Yes (Multiple Relief)|
|Cutter Thickness (nominal)||50 mm (2 in)||50 mm (2 in)|
|Cutter Diameter||689 mm(27.1 in)||689 mm(27.1 in)|
|Shaft Diameter||229 mm(9 in)||229 mm(9 in)|
|Cutting Chamber (WxL)*||2,284 x 1,905 mm (90 x 75 in)||2,284 x 1,905 mm (90 x 75 in)|
|Machine Length*||5,169 mm (192 in)||5,715 mm (225 in)|
|Machine Width||2,515 mm(99 in)||4,781 mm(188 in)|
|Machine Height||4,013 mm (158 in)||6.873 mm(271 in)|
|Machine Weight||37,188 kg(82,000 lbs)||47,619 kg(105,000 lbs)|
|Stand Height||1.8 m(72 in)||2.1 m(84 in)|
Electrical controls including motor starters, PLC, and operator interface are supplied in NEMA 4 enclosures.
* Dimensions apply to the Q145 with standard 1,900 mm (75 in) cutting chamber length. Secondary optional length available at 2,210 mm (87 in).
Note: Illustrations, specifications and descriptions presented reflect standard product at time of publication and are subject to change without notice. Dimensions are approximate. Photographs may include optional equipment and accessories. SSI offers compactors, balers, granulators, conveyors and classifiers as well as specialized motors, stands, hoppers, and mobile configurations. Consult factory to discuss your processing needs.